Posted on 16 September 2017 by Jannik
Random battles, new objects, performance improvements, bugfixes and more...
Random battles are back! You can either start a quick battle with just two button clicks or you can adjust some settings and create a random battle based on your settings.
The units are placed much better now and the battles are larger than in Ancient Warfare 2!
But the battle size will depend on the amount of cpu cores.
As in the previous part, you can play many random battles in a row or try some of them again.
As requested, there are some decorative objects in this update. There will be more of them in future versions, but for now I have added this ones:
I started to do some performance improvements. The scripting runtime upgrade isn't stable enough, so we have to wait for the next unity release.
But I did some major performance improvements. Most of the are only available for Direct x11+(Windows), Vulcan(Linux) and Metal(MaxOS).
The target was to relieve the cpu, because it's the bottleneck at the moment. This is the list of improvments I have done this week:
However, there is still much todo to improve the performance. The main performance killer is the dismemberment and the blood. But this update will give your cpu some time for more important tasks like pathfinding.
Of course there are some bug fixes and improvements in this update:
Since Ancient Warfare 3 is a paid game now, I thought about adding virtual reality or an online multiplayer. Both options are very expensive, but I will try to develop a multiplayer with very low costs.
Yesterday I started to experiment with some webservices to create my own matchmaking solution. If that would work, I would jsut have to find a small low price server to host my service there. The multiplayer itself would be from client to client, so that I wouldn't have to buy game servers.
And if none of this works, I can still wait until the steam release and use the steam matchmaking service.